My On-The-Go Beauty Essentials!

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I apologize that it has been a whole week since my last post-- with my parents' move, things got a little bit crazy!

Today, I thought I would share my go-to beauty picks that I most always have in my travel makeup bag.  Even though I love makeup, I don't like wearing a lot of it in my day to day life, only using what I consider to be the essentials on a daily basis.  I am a firm believer in the less stuff you put on your face, the better it is for your skin (minus moisturizer and cleanser of course!). Because I travel so much, I love having products that can be easily packed and that I can always count on.

My skin is very fair, and usually on the "normal" spectrum, although I do deal with the occasional breakout or dry skin outbreak.  I am not a big fan of liquid makeups because for whatever reason they seem to make my skin look very oily, often leading to breakouts.


From L-R Back to Front:  Lipstick: Dior Lip Glow || Dry Shampoo: Detox Dry Bar || Concealer: Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon in Light 1 || Highlighter: Benefit Watts Up! || Primer: Bare Minerals Prime Time || Blush: Nars Orgasm || Under-eye Concealer: Bare Minerals Well Rested || Foundation: Bare Minerals Light W15 || Eyeliner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black || Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal Lash


Bare Mineral's Prime Time makes my makeup stay on all day long without feeling thick or pasty. It is super breathable and sheer, which I love.


Nars Orgasm is by far my favorite blush ever. It instantly adds color to the apples of my cheeks without looking overpowering, giving me a nice glow. Because it has flecks of metallics in it, it reflects light well and adds a bit of dimension without being sparkly or shimmery.  Also, everyone I have ever seen wear it (diverse skin tones) has looked fantastic in it. 

Dior Lip Glow is the lip product I reach for every day without fail. It adds natural looking color and moisture that lasts. Because the light pink color of it is rather sheer, it plays up the natural color of your lips or the lipstick you may put underneath it. 



























Benefit's Watts Up! is the best highlighter that I have tried because it is so easy to use and will stay on all day long. I swipe some down the bridge of my nose and across my cheekbones to create a fresh, dewy look.  I also put some (using my fingertip and smudging out with the attached blender) on my brow bone to visually open up my eye. 
                                                   
I use Josie Maran's Argan Oil Creamy Concealer Crayon to cover up any particularly pesky blemishes. It blends in easily and is also moisturizing. 

Stila's Intense Black Eyeliner Pen is my foolproof eyeliner. It lasts all day long, is a rich black color, and is SO easy to use. The tip is pretty firm, making it simple to do a quick application without making a mistake. 


Benefit's Bad gal Lash is my most used mascara because it is super black and does not dry out easily. One tube lasts me twice as long as my other favorite - Covergirl Lashblast. 

Finally, Detox Dry Shampoo from drybar is one of my absolute favorite things because it instantly makes my hair look refreshed and voluminous.  It helps me to go longer between washes and is perfect for travel.  Whenever I am having a bad hair day, I spray some on my roots and voila! Instant hair! This dry shampoo is a bit hard to find, but it is sold at some Sephoras and online at sephora.com.

I hope you guys enjoy my on-the-go picks! Let me know what your personal favorites are!

xo, 
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

//