Next Chapter!

Today marks a big day for me, something new that I have never experienced before. For people who grew up moving a lot, it may not seem like that big of a deal, but for me its pretty huge.
I was born in Charlotte NC in the early 90's, at a hospital about 3 blocks away from the house I leave behind today--  over 21 years later, my parents are officially moving away from the place I have always consistently been able to point to on a map and call HOME.

I've known this was coming for a long time, and even though I left Charlotte when I graduated from high school, there is something so comforting about a familiar spot, a pesky creak in the floor that you unconsciously anticipate as you walk up the stairs, a place where you can drive without even thinking about where you are going because you know every turn completely by heart, the experience of catching yourself smiling when you pass by the place that you first met your high school sweetheart.

Thinking about all these things made me sad at first, but the more I consider the change I will make today when I step on my flight to meet my parents in Texas,  I realize more than ever, as much as I will always love Charlotte, it wasn't her that was home, it was the people.

Taking a step out of my comfort zone teaches me the saying "home is where the heart is" is indisputably true.  Places can come and go, locations can change, but it is the people I can count on.

With this, I am overjoyed, thrilled, and thankful for everyone in my life and for our adventures to come.









Thanks for the memories! Now I'm ready to go make some new ones. 

xo, 
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

//