Updates Updates: A Long Time Overdue!!

Hi Everyone! So I realize my absence recently has been unacceptable.  That being said, I have been busy recently with some very EXCITING things (cough cough Moving) and this post is a crash course of all that I have been up to recently, as well as a new start to my commitment to posting every Monday, Wednesday, Friday starting TODAY :) Here is the schedule:

Monday: Moving Monday- New life in Florida, adjusting to a new city, home decorating progress, etc.
Wednesday: What I Wore Wednesday- Style, Fashion, Remixing my closet, Steals and Deals
Friday: Freestyle Friday- A surprise category of whatever I happen to be inspired by that week

I hope you enjoy the new structure and I look forward to connecting back with you guys! Thank you for being patient with me!

For those of you who do not know, I recently moved from North Carolina, where I have lived for over 22 years, to central Florida! I am so excited about this move and new phase of my life.  I've been here for about a week now and its been a great one. Admittedly, I've made way less headway with unpacking than I would have thought, but I'm taking it one day/box at a time. The great thing about moving as far as I did is that it forced me to really think hard about each and every object/article of clothing I own and decide two things:
Do I LOVE it?
Do I NEED it?

If the answer was no to both of those, then I drove it straight over to my local goodwill (with the help of some really wonderful friends).

My fiancé's father was generous enough to drive down a Uhaul FULL of my life's possessions and furniture, while I trailed behind for the 10 hour drive.  We only made two stops… one to eat a delicious dinner somewhere in the middle of Georgia, and two to run out of gas less than an hour away from our destination (what's a move without a little adventure?!).


I learned two very valuable lessons during this move.
1. Loading/Unloading and moving stuff in and out can be super un-stressful if you decide not to make it stressful.  It was seriously 50 times easier than I thought it would be.  Sure, little things went wrong, but we took it all in stride.
2. Audio books ROCK. I was skeptical about listening to an audiobook for the drive down because so many people told me that they make them sleepy. I decided to give it a try and I am not kidding you, the time FLEW. Since then, I have bought and listened to 3 more audiobooks for while I'm driving, unpacking, even working out!! I am now audio book obsessed.

In the past week, I have also finished my undergraduate education!! With four finals, two presentations, and two papers under my belt for this last semester, I have officially completed my senior year of college and graduate this coming Monday. Being an almost college graduate is something that I am very proud of and even more thankful for.

And not to mention, I am also in the middle of planning our WEDDING!


I hope you will join me as I embark on many new journeys this Summer and I look forward to sharing with all of you!!

XO, 
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

//