Easy Summer Dresses!

Hi guys and welcome back to What I Wore Wednesday! With the recent move to Florida, and just summery weather in general, I have been reaching often for a comfy, flowy dress.  In wearing one of these articles of clothing basically every single day, I have been on the search recently for {moderately priced} casual summer dresses and am realizing that they are actually really hard to find! Here are some of my recent favorites:

The Gap is my go-to for casual dresses. They are often on sale, super easy to wash, and work for all kinds of occasions.
I have this Trapeze Midi Dress and wear it all. the. time. It is super soft, and looks great with some simple sandals or dressed up with heels and a chunky necklace.
The Stripe Ballet Maxi is also one of my favorites.
Splendid is another favorite for this kind of clothing, but they tend to be a little on the pricey side.  That being said, their higher prices are totally worth it.  The fabric quality does not diminish after washing, and they stay in amazing shape forever. The other day at the mall I splurged on this Splendid Stripe Blouson Dress and have already worn it three times.  It is lightweight and airy, but still a thick enough fabric that it does not feel like a beach coverup. HIGHLY recommend :)
Splendid  is having a 30 percent off sale today on select items so go check them out!! Unfortunatley, this dress is not available on their website (link for it goes to Nordstrom) but they have some other great items on sale…

Garnet Hill is another brand I LOVE for this type of clothing. I swear that I looked through their catalogues for YEARS before actually buying anything, but once I did I was hooked on their amazing quality and reasonable prices. If you've been looking through their catalogs forever wondering wether or not to buy, go for it!!

I currently have a big crush on the Modern Surplice Maxi Dress… such a great graphic print in an easy to wear fabric and cut. This would work well on so many body types and you can always add an easy cami underneath for some extra coverage.
I am also seriously loving this Grecian Goddess Dress from one of my fave's, Sundance.  It looks perfect on her at the beach, but throw on a cardigan and some wedges and its a perfect summer date-night look. 
Now, onto Old Navy where there is a 25% off regular prices sale going on!!

This Cap Sleeve Wrap Dress is another amazing find, at only 12 dollars!!!!!! There are other colors available too in more sizes for 19-20 dollars.  Such a flattering, easy dress for an incredible price.

I'm going to pick up this Lace Trim Gauze Sundress in the sale. Loving white right now and the hem on this dress makes it look extra special.  Now, I just need a tan...
Finally, H&M has some amazing early summer dresses. This Short Sleeved Jersey Dress is a perfect blank canvas to either be dressed up/down, run errands in, or head to the pool. I love it with a bright colored belt and espadrilles. Plus, it comes in four colors!

Also loving this Mint Lace Dress that also comes in black and cream...
… and this other Lace Dress

I used to be really reluctant to buy some dresses like this because in general, thin dresses tend to be a bit see-thru. I finally broke down and invested in this Commando Tailored Slip and it has changed my life. It makes it so easy to wear dresses that are a bit too sheer, have low armpit holes, or are a bit too low cut for me. It is so comfortable, doesn't cling, and has adjustable straps so you can control the length.  I HIGHLY recommend!!

I hope you like some of these! Let me know if you have any other go-to places for easy summer dresses. Enjoy your monday!

xo, 
Grace





No comments:

Post a Comment

//