Getting into the Christmas Spirit! (A little early)

With all the busyness and travel going on in our lives right now and in the coming weeks, my fiancĂ© and I took the last 24 hours to really start getting into the spirit of the holiday season!  As I write this, I am listening to my freshly downloaded "Christmas At Downton Abbey" album and it is just as delightful as it sounds like it would be! I am currently wearing newly purchased Disney Christmas flannel Pajamas, and sipping on my first non Starbucks "home made" hot chocolate since last year, pretending it is not currently 80 degrees where I am in Florida.

Last night, we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom and it was our first time back there since we got engaged last January. It was such a fun night and we enjoyed every moment! Of course, we went back to the exact spot where Ben proposed and the rush of excitement hit me all over again.

Times like last night remind me how important the sharing of tradition is to me. Even though Ben and I have been together almost 8 years now, we have so many exciting new traditions to begin and experience together as we start our new lives together; the holidays are an excellent reminder of that!

Speaking of tradition, my outfit last night was full of it! Growing up, my mom used to take my sister and I to Old Navy every year for most holidays so that we could buy a fun seasonal t-shirt to wear. I always loved getting to pick out a Christmas one and that is a tradition that I haven't stopped! The shirt I wore last night, that says "Meet Me Under The Mistletoe" was my purchase last year from Old Navy's holiday tee shop. These are the ones I am eyeing for this year :

                  "You Wish"                    Pray For Snow"               "Mickey Mouse"         "Merry and Bright"

I hope you all had fantastic Mondays and are off to great enjoy a great week!
xo, 
Grace

2 comments:

  1. So jealous you went to Disney - Christmas at Disney must be amazing.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really amazing! I hope you can go one day! :)
      xo,
      Grace

      Delete

//